LOCAL MEAT & EGGS
Our Farm Stand is open Monday through Saturday by appointment only. We are excited to be providing our customers with a great variety of local meats. We offer beef, pork, eggs and whole roasting chickens to round out our list of products. Call the office for current product availability and an appointment time for your pick up. We will continue providing curbside pick up at the farm stand until further notice.
Our pre-order program has been suspended due to the COVID-19. Orders are taken each day for pick up on the same day. Any items not picked up will be returned to stock.
Quarters and Sides of Beef
We also sell quarters and sides of beef. For $5 per pound hanging weight, you pay us to raise your animal right here at the farm. You then communicate directly with our preferred local butcher to have the side cut to your specifications. You pay the butcher directly for processing when you pick up your meat at his location. Call us for more details.
For a full list of products currently in stock, please call the office at 860-354-0649.
At Toplands Farm, we have been raising hormone-free beef on the farm’s pastures in Roxbury, Connecticut for family and friends for almost thirty-five years. Our cattle graze the pristine pastures with access to all healthy grasses the property offers. Pasture-raising allows the cattle to gain weight naturally throughout the year. We supplement these rich grasses with Toplands Farm grown hay and a small quantity of protein-rich grain, resulting in a final product that is healthy, tender, and great tasting.
Our beef is slaughtered and butchered in a local USDA-inspected facility in Connecticut, dry-aged for twelve to twenty-one days, packaged in vacuum cryovac, labeled for cut and weight, and frozen. By utilizing local facilities we can have our beef on your table less than four weeks after it left the pasture. Our butcher judges each carcass to determine the amount of time that animal hangs before cutting it to our specifications.
We take great pride in sharing our beef with those who appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into raising beef in this manner and are committed to supporting local farms. Each steak, roast or burger patty represents a piece of our farm, our family and our fields reaching your table. We hope that you enjoy it as much as we do!
- Brisket (Whole or half) $10.00/lb.
- Frankfurters (8) without nitrites or nitrates $12.00/pkg.
- Ground Beef $7.00/lb.
- Ground Chuck $8.50/lb.
- Ground Sirloin $10.00/lb.
- 1/4 lb. or 1/3 lb. Hamburger Patties (4-pack) $8.50/lb.
- Liverwurst (3/4 lb. bulb) $6.00/pkg.
- Heart / Tongue / Kidney $6.00/lb.
- Ox Tail / Liver $6.00/lb.
- Roasts – Bottom Round, Chuck, Eye Round, Rump, Shoulder, Shoulder Petite Tender, Sirloin Tip, Spoon, Top Round $9.00/lb.
- Steamship Round, Tenderloin Filet and Rib Roasts are available by special order – Call us for details.
- Bones $2.00/lb.
- Shank $8.00/lb. (available center cut or whole boneless)
- Short Ribs – available in flanken, traditional, uncut or full rack – $8.00/lb.
- Steak: Cube $9.00/lb.
- Steak: Filet – Tenderloin $27.00/lb.
- Steak: Flank $16.00/lb.
- Steak: Flap Meat (Sirloin Tip) $11.00/lb.
- Steak: Flat Iron $16.00/lb.
- Steak: Hanger $16.00/lb.
- Steak: NY Strip $23.00/lb.
- Steak: Porterhouse $24.00/lb. (Available by pre-order)
- Steak: Ribeye $23.00/lb.
- Steak: Ribeye – tomahawk style – $23.00/lb.
- Steak: Sirloin – steakhouse filet, sirloin cap or center cut sirloin $15.00/lb.
- Steak: Skirt $16.00/lb.
- Steak: T-Bone $24.00/lb. (Available by pre-order)
- Steak: Tri Tip (whole) $15.00/lb.
- Steak: Vegas Strip Steak $15.00/lb.
- Stew Meat $8.00/lb.
- Bacon: Regular CURED or UNCURED $13.00/lb.
- Belly: Fresh (available by special order) $12.00/lb.
- Feet $2.00/lb.
- Ground Pork $8.00/lb.
- Ham: Fresh (UNSMOKED) $9.00/lb.
- Hocks: Fresh $9.00/lb.
- Jowl: Fresh $9.00/lb.
- Jowl: SMOKED Bacon $10.00/lb.
- Kidney / Heart / Tongue $5.00/lb.
- Chop: Loin (Bone-In) $14.00/lb.
- Chop: Loin Boneless $15.00/lb.
- Ribs: Baby Back $15.00/lb.
- Ribs: Country Style or Spare $14.00/lb.
- Roast: Loin (Bone-In) $14.00/lb.
- Roast: Loin Boneless $15.00/lb.
- Roast: Picnic (Bone-In) (available by special order) $12.00/lb.
- Roast: Shoulder (Bone-In) $13.00/lb.
- Roast: Shoulder Boneless $14.00/lb.
- Sausage: GROUND Breakfast (hot), Italian (hot or sweet) $11.00/lb.
- Sausage: LINK Breakfast / Italian (hot or sweet) / Knockwurst / Bratwurst $12.00/lb.
- Sausage: ROPE Kielbasa UNCURED $13.00/lb.
- Tenderloin $23.00/lb.
Chicken & Eggs
The next batch of our farm fresh, all-natural fed roasting chickens are growing. We raise small batches and will be selling whole roasting chickens when they grow up. Come see our “farm-tastic” mobile coop when it is warm. The ladies live in the barn in the winter months when it is colder.
- Chicken (whole roasting hens) $8.00/lb. Currently in stock and more growing!
- Eggs $5/dz.
Monday – Saturday
To limit waiting, please
call now to pick up later.
Open weekday afternoons and
Saturdays 10am – 4pm
To check if any CSA shares are available, please contact the farm office at (860) 354-0649. Our renewal follows the calendar quarter. Pick up is the second weekend of the month.