LOCAL MEAT & EGGS
Our Farm Stand is open Monday through Friday 12 p.m. until 4 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Farm Stand hours offer a great opportunity to interact with our team, ask questions, and get advice on how to prepare your meats! We are excited to be providing our customers with a great variety of local meats. We offer beef, pork, eggs and whole roasting chickens to round out our list of products. We are also available weekday mornings by appointment. Call ahead and we will meet you at the Farm Stand.
Please take advantage of our pre-order program for your custom meat needs. If we are out of stock on your favorite cut(s) or roasting chickens, we will be glad to call you when the item is in stock.
Quarters and Sides of Beef
We also sell quarters and sides of beef. For $5 per pound hanging weight, you pay us to raise your animal right here at the farm. You then communicate directly with our preferred local butcher to have the side cut to your specifications. You pay the butcher directly for processing when you pick up your meat at his location. Come in to the Farm Stand or call us for more details.
For a full list of products and pricing, please call the office at 860-354-0649. We offer special discounts for farm-to-table events and restaurant pricing upon request. Check us out @thecorner in Litchfield, Connecticut.
At Toplands Farm, we have been raising hormone-free beef on the farm’s pastures in Roxbury, Connecticut for family and friends for almost thirty-five years. Our cattle graze the pristine pastures with access to all healthy grasses the property offers. Pasture-raising allows the cattle to gain weight naturally throughout the year. We supplement these rich grasses with Toplands Farm grown hay and a small quantity of protein-rich grain, resulting in a final product that is healthy, tender, and great tasting.
Our beef is slaughtered and butchered in a local USDA-inspected facility in Connecticut, dry-aged for twelve to twenty-one days, packaged in vacuum cryovac, labeled for cut and weight, and frozen. By utilizing local facilities we can have our beef on your table less than four weeks after it left the pasture. Our butcher judges each carcass to determine the amount of time that animal hangs before cutting it to our specifications.
We take great pride in sharing our beef with those who appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into raising beef in this manner and are committed to supporting local farms. Each steak, roast or burger patty represents a piece of our farm, our family and our fields reaching your table. We hope that you enjoy it as much as we do!
- Brisket (Whole or half) $10.00/lb.
- Frankfurters (8) without nitrites or nitrates $12.00/pkg.
- Ground Beef $7.00/lb.
- Ground Chuck $8.50/lb.
- Ground Sirloin $10.00/lb.
- 1/4 lb. or 1/3 lb. Hamburger Patties (4-pack) $8.50/lb.
- Liverwurst (3/4 lb. bulb) $6.00/pkg.
- Heart / Tongue / Kidney $6.00/lb.
- Ox Tail / Liver $6.00/lb.
- Roasts – Bottom Round, Chuck, Eye Round, Rump, Shoulder, Shoulder Petite Tender, Sirloin Tip, Spoon, Top Round $9.00/lb.
- Steamship Round, Tenderloin Filet and Rib Roasts are available by special order – Call us for details.
- Bones $2.00/lb.
- Shank $8.00/lb. (available center cut or whole boneless)
- Short Ribs – available in flanken, traditional, uncut or full rack – $8.00/lb.
- Steak: Cube $9.00/lb.
- Steak: Filet – Tenderloin $27.00/lb.
- Steak: Flank $16.00/lb.
- Steak: Flap Meat (Sirloin Tip) $11.00/lb.
- Steak: Flat Iron $16.00/lb.
- Steak: Hanger $16.00/lb.
- Steak: NY Strip $23.00/lb.
- Steak: Porterhouse $24.00/lb. (Available by pre-order)
- Steak: Ribeye $23.00/lb.
- Steak: Ribeye – tomahawk style – $23.00/lb.
- Steak: Sirloin – steakhouse filet, sirloin cap or center cut sirloin $15.00/lb.
- Steak: Skirt $16.00/lb.
- Steak: T-Bone $24.00/lb. (Available by pre-order)
- Steak: Tri Tip (whole) $15.00/lb.
- Steak: Vegas Strip Steak $15.00/lb.
- Stew Meat $8.00/lb.
- Bacon: Regular CURED or UNCURED $13.00/lb.
- Belly: Fresh (available by special order) $12.00/lb.
- Feet $2.00/lb.
- Ground Pork $8.00/lb.
- Ham: Fresh (UNSMOKED) $9.00/lb.
- Hocks: Fresh $9.00/lb.
- Jowl: Fresh $9.00/lb.
- Jowl: SMOKED Bacon $10.00/lb.
- Kidney / Heart / Tongue $5.00/lb.
- Chop: Loin (Bone-In) $14.00/lb.
- Chop: Loin Boneless $15.00/lb.
- Ribs: Baby Back $15.00/lb.
- Ribs: Country Style or Spare $14.00/lb.
- Roast: Loin (Bone-In) $14.00/lb.
- Roast: Loin Boneless $15.00/lb.
- Roast: Picnic (Bone-In) (available by special order) $12.00/lb.
- Roast: Shoulder (Bone-In) $13.00/lb.
- Roast: Shoulder Boneless $14.00/lb.
- Sausage: GROUND Breakfast (hot), Italian (hot or sweet) $11.00/lb.
- Sausage: LINK Breakfast / Italian (hot or sweet) / Knockwurst / Bratwurst $12.00/lb.
- Sausage: ROPE Kielbasa UNCURED $13.00/lb.
- Tenderloin $23.00/lb.
Chicken & Eggs
- Chicken (whole roasting hens) $8.00/lb.
- Eggs $4.50/dozen
Monday – Friday 12-4pm
By Appointment Weekday Mornings
Saturday 10am – 4pm
To check if any CSA shares are available, please contact the farm office at (860) 354-0649. We offer trial CSA boxes the second weekend of the month. Please call us to save one for you.